cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL 380 G3 gigabit adapter problems

Erwin van der Flier
Occasional Visitor

DL 380 G3 gigabit adapter problems

I am working on an gigabit backup solution. That is i am creating a separate backupbackbone based on a gigabit ethernet. The problem i am dealing with is:
1 NT 4 sp6a server is having problem loading the driver for a gigabit 7770 adapter. everytime NT comes up it jumps to a blue screen telling me that it couldn't load the driver and i am getting a malfunction error. Here is the configuration of the server.

Dl80 g2
1 CPU
2 embedde 7781 gigabit networkadpaters
2 PCI gigabit 7770 adapter.

If i disable the 2 embedded adapters the pci gigabit adpater will load fine but i i enable the 2 adpaters again (teaming is enabled on those cards) i get a blue screen.

I tried different slots, installed the latest drivers, change interupts etc. Nothing seem to help.

anyone having the same expirience??
live your life as it comes
2 REPLIES
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor

Re: DL 380 G3 gigabit adapter problems

Erwin - I assume you are on the latest NIC driver...

hp ProLiant Ethernet/Fast Ethernet or Gigabit NIC Driver for Windows NT 4.0
version 7.10.710.16 (4 Dec 02)

?? revision history

English (US) (cp002522.exe - 4.5 MB) Japanese (cp002813.exe - 2.6 MB)

This Smart Component provides support for HP ProLiant Ethernet/Fast Ethernet or Gigabit NICs. Also, included in this package is the HP ProLiant Network Teaming and Configuration Utility, which is used to configure HP ProLiant Ethernet/Fast Ethernet or Gigabit NICs.

software information

Enhancements

Updated for rebranding.

Improved Speed and Duplex migration for NC31xx NICS.

The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Erwin van der Flier
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL 380 G3 gigabit adapter problems

Eric,

thanks for the response.

We tried a lot. The latest driver, rompaq. Interupt changes everything. We dropped a cesa at HP and let them work on it. The already replace the riserboard and NIC but without any success

I let you guys know what will come out.
live your life as it comes