1753779 Members
7557 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 G5 does not start after long time power off

SemGo

DL 380 G5 does not start after long time power off

Hello Everybody,

We recently removed the server from an installation site and stored it for about 3 months disconnected from power.
When we connected power again yesterday not even the orange LED is lid on the power button and theres absolutely no reaction when pushing the button. Also the green LEDs on the power supplies don't go on.
The server has redundant power supply.
Is it possible that both power supplies are out of order at the same time or could it be some mainboard problem?
Thanks appreciate your business!
6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

Ensure that you supply good power to the server and your power cords are OK.

Then pull the power supplies one at a time and try to power the server with one power supply and see if there are any signs of life. Swap the bays with the power supplies as well.

Was the server secure or was it abused when it was in storage? Is it possible that it was cannibalized? People usually remove good parts (power supplies) to use them in other servers and and put back the bad parts.
SemGo

Hello,

thanks for fast reply, but I already tried all of these suggestions with no success.
Power is good because other components run fine on same power cords, also swapping of power supplies or disabling one of them has no effect.

Server was absolutely save all the time under my desk in the office, i also opened it to check cable connections and erverything seems to be in place so I'm just not sure wether it's the power supplies or something else that goes wrong.

Unfortunately thats the only server i have here at the moment otherwise i could try a power supply of another working machine.
TTr
Honored Contributor

If you have another power supply you could try it. You could also try the power supplies from this server on another server.

Keep in mind that there is a risk to cause damage to good parts when you do something like this. It is all part of dealing with the unknown.
TTr
Honored Contributor

One more thing you can try is to start removing internal components such as i/o cards, all or most of the memory etc. When the servers sit in storage, temperature changes cause contractions and expansions and plugged in components sometimes slowly slide out of their sockets.
SemGo

Hello,

thanks again I tried that but still no reaction, I try to ge a new power supply now.
koham

We are keen to know what happened next. Were you able to resolve your issue ?

We are facing the same problem

Regards

NSH

<script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src=( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})(); // </script>