DL 380 G5 update processor error !

S400
Occasional Advisor

DL 380 G5 update processor error !

i have dl380 G5 new. p/n : 417458-371
when i turn on then.
error :
"805-unsupported processor detected.
This system has a unsupport processor installed. Check ...
insert ROMPAQ Diskette and press any key when ready. "
i search i hp.com, so "Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G5 (P56) Servers"
for windows.
but i can't install os before update bios.
Help me install windows without bios.
thank...
2 REPLIES 2
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 380 G5 update processor error !

Hello,

Have u installed a New additional processor to this server ?? if so, check the FAMILY & the STEPPING of the new processor; it MUST BE the same.

James.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 380 G5 update processor error !

hi

check this customer advisory
Advisory: SYSTEM ROM UPGRADE RECOMMENDED Before Adding Processors to Some ProLiant Servers or the System May Stop Responding During Power-On Self-Test (POST) with an "805-Unsupported Processor Detected" Message

http://urlao.com/romupdate

when you download this
Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant DL380 G5 (P56) Servers

you need to follow the steps (use another computer) because you need to create diskettes or UBS to load the ROM, you are going to get a html page that will give the options I recently did this for ML110 G4 the options were diskettes, usb key and CD-ROM

" Installation

This Enhanced SoftPaq contains utilities that can be used to restore and/or update the system ROM on the HP ProLiant Server.

1. Download the Enhanced SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, or Microsoft Windows XP and change to that directory.

2. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded Enhanced SoftPaq file simply by double clicking on the SPxxxxx file and follow the installation wizard to complete the Enhanced SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the Enhanced SoftPaq, a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system."

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!