ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753776 Members
7275 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 HDD question

Rupesh Jaisingkar

DL 380 HDD question

Whenever i put 18 GB disk drive.It doesnt recognise.Also I need to change the RAID sets. Is there any way to do it without rebooting.
Thanks in advance.

rupesh
4 REPLIES 4
Varuna Jayalath
Advisor

Hi Rupesh,

Please provide more details. What is the array controller you are using. What are the current harddisk, array , logical drive configurations you have.

What are the RAID levels that you want to migrate etc..

Varuna
Michael Williams_6
Trusted Contributor

Check your HD model number, google it to find out if it's a Hot Plug unit or not, if it's not hot pluggable you'll need a reboot.

Also if it's an old Compaq HD unit be careful as some DL Servers we've bought recently had a sticker saying that Compaq branded Disk Drives won't work on that system...
Rupesh Jaisingkar

Hi ,
Thanks for the reply.
I am having 18 GB ultra 3 SCSI HDD 10KRPM.
I checked for drive in the system it is 15KRPM.
I am not sure abt the controller as in hardware devices there is only ultra3 scsi and no mention of any third party vendor's controller .
As the system is live cant reboot.:-(
Is there any tool like serverRAID in IBM ,with which we can configure RAID on Prolient systems.
regards
rupesh Jaisingkar.
Symen
Frequent Advisor

If your server is a DL380, that means you have a Smart Array controller on your system board. The big question is wether or not you're using it already. You could have your drives connected to the SCSI controller (which would also mean you're not running hardware RAID at this time). If you already have RAID configured then you can use the "Array Configuration Utility" to configure/migrate your RAID set. Software and drivers available on HP website