7682 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 cannot start up

chowccs

DL 380 cannot start up

Hi,

I'm experience the DL380 cannot start up ,
the front panel red LED is blinking on internal and external (power supply) ,i just upgrade the memory ,and when i upplug the memory still like thay .any guys encounter such problem ? i'm appreciate you guys help
8 REPLIES 8
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Is this G1 or is it G5?

Normally there is a system maintenance switch on the systemboard. Locate it (normally there is a little manual on the servers dock) and move pin 6 to the other position.

How exactly are your dimms configured - they have to be installed in pairs, but for a good advice we need to know the generation.
chowccs

it is G5 ,and the RAM is bought from HP
(HP 4GB FDB PC2-5300),i have no idea why cannot be startup ...even i unplugged ...

on the other hand is it possible just work for on power supply ..cause the other one is malfunction right now
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check this guide how to configure memory
must be installed in pairs ...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12477_na/12477_na.html#Memory

and let me ask

so you added new modules and server is not powering on or it has no video?

and I understand that even you remove the memories issue continued?

would you mind to specify a little more?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
chowccs

there is not allow me to power up and no video signal..so i cannot identify what kind of problem occur.i just see the two LED both are red and blinking repeatedly indicate for internal and extenal in the front panel.is it related to the power redundant ?? and i checked all the RAM are seated properly ...

thanks you guys keep me post and much apprecite your help
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

Don't you have another server like ml350 g5, ml370 g5, dl385 g2? all of them use the same power supply so if you have the chance to swap power supply what would be great to check if power supplies are dead.

I have not seen bad memory modules or bad memory configuration causing to a server not power up (well I mean you press power button servers stays up for sometime and power off)

check another power supply, remove one Proc in case you have both, remove PCI cards and minimum memory (just 2 maybe the 2 DIMM that server came)

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
TRS
Frequent Advisor

If it ia dl 380 g5 server.Then ur power supply gone faulty.
Check revesion ver if it is 03m then 100 percent faulty.

Replace the power supply.

Regards,
TRS
chowccs

thanks you guys help :-)
but i still have one power supply still functioning ,just wonder why cannot power up

chowccs

its work again ,after the power supply replaced ^o^