ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL 380 internal drives not seen with Smart 5i and SMART 5304-256 controllers installed

Tom Winter_1
Occasional Contributor

DL 380 internal drives not seen with Smart 5i and SMART 5304-256 controllers installed

No drives are seen as attached on new DL 380 with two SMART controllers: 5i and 5304-256. I tried updating the Rompaq for array controllers version 3.00 A but system said I already had a later version of this.
2 REPLIES
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 380 internal drives not seen with Smart 5i and SMART 5304-256 controllers installed

Tom:

Does the drive cage have power? Do the drives spin up?
Check your SCSI cable if you are using the drive cage as a PCI Based Duplex on the 5304.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
wayne_82
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL 380 internal drives not seen with Smart 5i and SMART 5304-256 controllers installed

the dl380 g3 requires the 5i controller to be used, if the cage is duplexed then the 5i must be used for 1 channel and the other controller used for 2nd. there is no way to disable 5i controller on this server, so best thing to do is duplex the cage and hook up the first 2 drives to 5i controller as the o/s in a mirror setup then run other 4 drives to other controller