1753786 Members
7725 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 380 with MSA20 - Cannot Format or add drive letter

brimur
Occasional Contributor

DL 380 with MSA20 - Cannot Format or add drive letter

As mentioned above we have a DL380 G5 with an MSA20. I used the ACU wizard to create 3 drives of 2x2TB and 1x~600GB. Then in Win 2003 Storage Server R2 I made the drives dynamic and spanned them to make one large 4.6TB partition. Initially I was able to format the partition to NTFS and even created a HOME folder on it with quotas. The next day I came in I couold not map to my home drive and when I remoted to the DL380 the partition had lost its drive letter and according to the Disk Management MMC there was no file system either but its listed as spanned and healthy. When I try to right click and format it just hangs and eventually just comes out of the hanged state having done nothing.
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 380 with MSA20 - Cannot Format or add drive letter

Hi,

Can you collect an ADU report and attach it in a reply please. I'll have a look at it for you.

If you don't have ADU installed you can download it from here (Windows based system).
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27531.html

Regards,

Brian

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

brimur
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much, I have added the report.
brimur
Occasional Contributor

Just out of frustration I deleted the array and recreated it. The same thing happened. I can create the spanned disk set but when I try to format it I just get an error message saying the format did not complete :(
James McMillan_4
Occasional Advisor

Did you have any luck with this? I have the same issue..

Cheers, James