108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 580 G2 1785 Drive Array Not configured

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

DL 580 G2 1785 Drive Array Not configured

HI I have dl 580 G2 server. Every thing is working fine but the server keeps on giving the error message 1785 Drive Array Not configured in IML logs could you please tell me what does it mean & what should I do to remove this.........
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Khurram,

Is it a new Deployment ?
Reseat the SCSI backplane / & cables.

There are three main categories of scenarios that may cause the apparent loss of the array configuration on Smart Array Controllers:

* the RIS tables (RAID tables) are damaged
* the array or logical drives have been accidentally erased
* a Smart Array Controller is installed but not used
* the storage subsystem is damaged

1) Shut down the server gracefully, should it be operational. Remove the power cord to fully power off the system.
2) Remove the first physical drive within the affected logical drive from the array.
3) Reattach the power cord and turn on the server.
4) Observe the results in POST.
5) If the logical drives are recognized again, the offending drive has been isolated. Stop troubleshooting. If the affected logical drives are still missing, the offending drive(s) have not been isolated. Continue troubleshooting.
6) Shut down the system and remove the power cord.
7) Reinsert the removed physical drive.
8) Continue the procedure from point 2) on the next drive in the chain. The physical drives should be removed only one at a time, until the offending drive has been isolated or there are no drives left to isolate. Note: It is possible to drives connected to the same Smart Array Controller, but on one port to disable logical drives on other ports on the same controller.

Regards,
James.
Hense, Klaus
Valued Contributor

Hello,
What is your Raidcontroller? SA6402/6404
Have you connect a daughter Board? (4 Channel)
Look at ACU, the SA640x is shown as "two" Controllers. When you have one drive Cage attach than the "second" Controller (daughter Boadr) has no drives and you get this message

klhe
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

This server also has the embedded 5i. If it's still enabled, but not being used, then you will see this error. If it's the 5i, you can go through the RBSU (F9 during POST) and disable the 5i under "pci resources". There is also the definite possiblity it could be what Klaus said. If that is the case, there really isn't much to do about that except for removing the daughterboard.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your help the machine was giving error message because the array controller was not being used.