cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL 580 G2 REPLACE CPU ERROR

jayes
Occasional Visitor

DL 580 G2 REPLACE CPU ERROR

Hi. I have 1 dl580 g2 part of a 2 node cluster environment that is showing a replace cpu warning triangle in the HP management homepage. See attachment. I have the same version fo BIOS and HP agents installed on both servers. I've replaced the CPU and ran a custom test in smart start on the new proc and passed without errors. But eveytime i go to HP management homepage the replace cpu warning is still there. There is no IML entry showing the processor failure and visually looking there are no amber led lights on against the CPU. I'm now considering to change the system board, but need some advise on any preliminary steps to take before i do this,
4 REPLIES
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 580 G2 REPLACE CPU ERROR

Yes

You must! mark the CPU as repaired in the IML.

You can do that from:
1. The IML log viewer.
2. The system management home page (SNMO must be enabled to write or create)
3. Run the insight Diagnostics.

1. Start > All Programs > HP system tools, (or Hewlett Packard system tools, or something like that) > Integrated Management Log Viewer.
put the cursor on the first line from the top. Hold the shift key and press the down arrow, until all is selected. Right click and click "Mark repaired".
It will say that it couldn't mark all repaired, becaurse some entries allready was marked repaired.

2. Open the SMH https://localhost:2371
open the logs tab.
Choose IML
If SNMP is set correctly you can check the failed and degraded entries. then select mark all checked repaird.

3. run the insight diagnostics.
Choose the logs tab.
Choose IML
Check all, and mark repaired.

No matter wich solution you choose, you must reboot the server, for it to enable and use the new CPU.

BR
/jag
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I prefer to use the IML log viewer.

It got some greate features.
You can save the log in IML format or export to other formats.
You can add maintenance notes, ei that you have replaced the CPU
and it's faster to use.

It's good housekeeping, to care for the IML, and keep it all green.

Never clear the log, unless really needed. It's you HW trouble history

BR
/jag
jayes
Occasional Visitor

Hi. I've marked all the items at repaired and rebooted the server, but the replace CPU warning triangle is still showing replace CPU. Again, no amber lights or iml logs showing the Processor is genuinely degraded. Anything else i can try??
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

You could try upgrading BIOS and drivers.
Wich version are you using?

If you don't want to upgrade, you could try re-installing the insight agents.

How many CPU's do you have in each server?

It could be nice for you to get a known good CPU, in that slot