108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 580 G4 can't boot on RAID 1+0 (2 disk 36Gb) P400

SOLVED
Go to solution
Omote

DL 580 G4 can't boot on RAID 1+0 (2 disk 36Gb) P400

Hi all.
So i've a DL580 G4 with P400 smart array and two disk in RAID1+0, an ILO and An Emulex card (on san) . No probleme with it.
I've install a Red Hat ES3 update 7, no probleme during the installation. But when I want to boot after the installation, I can't.
In the bios the smart array is the fisrt controller on boot, and the disk in the first boot. The mesage is :

Attempting Boot From Hard Drive (c:)
Error loading operating system

So I've make a test with a raid0 with two disk, a test with raid 0 an One disk (A and after B) it's the same problem.
The bios is up to data

If some have an idea

Thank for all
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

When RedHat installs, pay particular attention to where it installs the boot loader.

What you'll probably find is that it's been installed onto /dev/sda (a device on your SAN) rather than /dev/cciss/.... (the SmartArray controller).

When the Boot Loader (GRUB) options come up during the install, IIRC you have to click on the Advanced button to move the local disk to the top of the list rather than /dev/sda.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Omote

Hi all.

I've seen it, but when I made the install I verifying the hard drive it's /dev/cciss/c0d0p... there are no probleme with it. In the menu.lst the good hard drive is ok (hd0=/dev/cciss/c0d0p3 for /boot and p5 for / root) the sda is on hd2=/dev/sda . There are not a boot on san.

This morning I change the disk and the P400 raid card.

Best regard.

Philippe
Omote

Hi all.

So yesteerday I've change the Hard disk, and it's works ... I've not undestand why ! but it's works ...

Thanks for all.
Omote

So change the disk, For my probleme it's solve it.