1748165 Members
4115 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 585 Wont Boot

Brent Fitzgibbon

DL 585 Wont Boot

I have a DL585 that we've been using for years. Today I tried to start it and it wouldnt boot. Nothing even gets displayed to the monitor. I opened the case and the diagnostic board shows no fault LED's iluminated, but has a code of "FF" shown on the 8 digit, two character, LCD display on the diagnostic board (PN: 357890-001). Does anyone have a table of these diagnostic codes?

Also, we removed the hard disks from the unit and placed them in another DL585 that we know works. It booted fine and we were able to access the disks. So it's most likely not the hard disks that are causing the problem. The diagnostic board for the fully functional computer displays "10", which i believe is an "I-LO reference", probably just letting us know we never setup integrated lights out.
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 585 Wont Boot

hi

can you swap another components besides the HDDs from the other DL585?

to check what component is failing: processors, memory, ...

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Brent Fitzgibbon

Re: DL 585 Wont Boot

I think that may have fixed it. I pulled all the PCI cards out, same problem. Then i pulled and reseated the CPU daughter-boards, and it booted fine. It was installed on an airplane, so perhaps the vibration from flight and landings may have jarred it loose. Thanks for the reply, i think it's working now.