7512 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 585g2 Diagnostic Codes & Buttons

Scott Langer
Advisor

DL 585g2 Diagnostic Codes & Buttons

Hello all, I have 2 general DL 585g2 questions here:

1. Does anyone have a link to or can send me a document that states what all the 2 digit codes that can be displayed on the internal Digital Readout mean? thanks.

2. There are 2 buttons on the mobo in the back of the case that I dont know what they are for. If you are looking at the front of the case with the top off... one of them is about 4 inches behind the system dip switches on the right of the rightmost PCI card. The other is back a little further on the left of the rightmost card. Anyone know?

tyia. -Scott L.
4 REPLIES 4

regarding the 2 button or the dip switches as they are called, please refer the backside of the access lid or the top cover. it contains all the information about it.
Scott Langer
Advisor

these are not the DIP SWITCHES, they are buttons... and they are not listed on the back of the cover, I checked that first., thanks though.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Scott

check the manuals here
they can give you some light

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3219717
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Scott Langer
Advisor

I checked the manuals... found a small section in the troubleshooting doc that mentions they are caleld the "System Insight Display LED's"... no menation of what the hell the codes mean. Also no mention of the two buttons in the back?!?! Anyone from HP here to answer this? maybe an internal doc?