1748152 Members
3524 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 760 G2 Power Supply

Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

DL 760 G2 Power Supply

Could anyone please help me on this? The power supplies on a DL 760 G2 that we have are both showing green in the back but Insight Manager is stating the power supplies are non-redundant and the Integrated Management Log keeps showing System Power Supply: NVRAM Invalid (Power Supply 1). We've replaced the power suppy but still get the error.

3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 760 G2 Power Supply

Are you running off of low voltage? In certain configurations one power supply may not be enough to power everything in the server, so it needs to draw on power from the second power supply. This is taken directly from the quickspecs for this server:
"NOTE: To ensure redundancy of server power, HP requires that 200-240 VAC power be used for all deployments. This will ensure that both power supplies can support up to their maximum configurations, and remain in a redundant power supply state."
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Mark J. Francisco
Frequent Advisor

Thanks guys for the recommendations. We ended up running Proliant Support For Microsoft WindowsServer 2003 ver. 7.40A and installing all available upgrades. I believe it was an issue with CPQASM.SYS driver. You could read more about at the below link.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22515.html