1753802 Members
8133 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL100 2TB recreate OS array

Lars_12
Advisor

DL100 2TB recreate OS array

Somehow the OS array was deleted on my DL100. Is there a way to just recreate that array instead of running the recovery CD which probably erases the data on the data array?
4 REPLIES 4
raadek
Honored Contributor

Re: DL100 2TB recreate OS array

The recovery CD should not erase the data - at least there should be an option when you run it 'preserve data' or sth similar.

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
Lars_12
Advisor

Are you 100% sure about that? I don't have any backup on the data partition. Thats why i'm asking.
raadek
Honored Contributor

Actually I may be wrong.

It made common sense to me, but after further investigation I found something (probably) opposite.

Have a look at User Guide at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=1143895&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fh20000.www2.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc00530689%2Fc00530689.pdf

You can find there following procedure:

"When the primary OS has a failure such as system files becoming corrupted, registry corrupted, or the system hangs during boot, the system should be run from the secondary OS. To run the system from the secondary OS:

1. Power down the unit.
2. Connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse directly to the rear of the unit.
3. Power on the unit.
4. During boot up, select to use the secondary partition.

Be sure to back up your user data, and then use the Quick Restore DVD to restore"

Hope it helps!

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
Lars_12
Advisor

The problem i have is that it doesn't even start the Windows Boot loader. The only arrays available are the ones called:
-DON'T ERASE
-DATA

Does anyone have the latest Quick Restore DVD available as an image? My DVD is version 5.5.1 and according to HP there should be an option when doing a quick restore to preserve the data, but they sounded quite unsure.