Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL100 G2 Dead HDD Detection

SOLVED
Go to solution
David SMS
Occasional Contributor

DL100 G2 Dead HDD Detection

Hi, is there any way I can set DL100 G2 Storage server to generate an audible alert (like beep beep ..) when one of the hard drives fail or dead? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David
6 REPLIES
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL100 G2 Dead HDD Detection

Nope.
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

I think u can use HP Sim www.hp.com/go/hpsim to check the health status from the server

further u may can use the Adaptec Storage Manager to monitor the health status of your Array

rg,
mike
David SMS
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for you reply. Actually, I can look at the LED indicators in the front of the server. They are showing the status of each individual hard drive. What I want to do is a sound alarm that gets your attention if there is something unusual with the server when you are not looking at the system.
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

David,

i think you can configure the HPSim to send Events per eMail or SMS ... acoustic signal? why? ... who is 24h a day in the server room? ;)

cheers
mike
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

David,

The DL100 G2 Storage Server uses the Adaptec 2410SA (older g2's) and the 2420SA (newer g2's).
Both of these cards feature an audible alarm which can be enabled/disabled in the BIOS at POST (CTRL-A) or by using the Adaptec (HP) Storage Manager online.

It's a solid continuous tone which is certainly noticeable unless your server is in a particularly noisy environment. The other methods already mentioned will work too.

Check out the user guides at Adaptec.

2420SA....
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/sata/sataii/AAR-2420SA/_docs/Adaptec_RAID_Controller_Installation_and_Users_Guide_03_06_pdf

2410SA....
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/raid/sata/AAR-2410SA/_docs/aar2410Sa_iug_pdf

I hope this helps.

Brian

David SMS
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Brian. I got it. Adaptec also supports notification by email. This is what I want to do.