108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL120 D6 Memory Mirroring Disabling

The-Max
Occasional Visitor

DL120 D6 Memory Mirroring Disabling

Hello.

I'm running into the same issue as shown here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2010/08/20/the-mystery-of-the-missing-memory-or-it-pays-to-know-your-hardware.aspx

To resolve the issue i need to disable memory mirroring feature. But I've not found a such kind of option in BIOS setup.

How can I disable this option?

P.S..:

HP Proliant DL120 G6, Intel Xenon X3450, 4GB of RAM (Windows 2008 R2)

5 REPLIES 5
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

DL120 G6 doesnt have mirrored memory option, memory cannot be mirrored, I do not see any such feature in quick specs as well and that is why you dont see it in the bios.

So I understand that you can only see half the memory in your OS ? Can you please post your memory config with part numbers ?

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
The-Max
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for a reply.

I've attached a screenshot how Windows does recognize the memory.

Unfortunately I can't find information about memory without an unmounting from rack and opening the server. What is quite impossible today.

(I've tried to find information about memory modules in CPU-Z, HWINFO and BIOS, but there are only information about size and timings (DDR3, 9-9-9-24).)

Memory modules are installed in DIMM3 and DIMM6 slots.

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

May be one of the dimm is degraded . Since it is a windows system, check for the survey logs through Insight Diangosis , or swap the dimms around from a working machine. Also update the latest bios of the server

Goutham Sabala
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

> Is it windows 7 ?

> Bent pins on the CPU or on the socket ? - Please open the chassis and check the sockets and the cpu for any bent pins ( When you do this , it would also reseat the cpu on the socket ) 

> also can open the server chassis and check if any thermal paste is spread out of the processor socket ?

Also if you have a video card , it could be eating it up

*** 90% of the time, it is the bent pins !!!! 

Goutham Sabala
The-Max
Occasional Visitor

Ok.

I've tried to mix memory slots configuration. And I've found, the server recognizes 4Gb only if memory installed only in "Channel A" slots.