1752810 Members
5886 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL120 Fan speed

Clancy Group
Occasional Contributor

DL120 Fan speed

Have recently upgraded the BIOS to version 45851. Since I did this the fans in the server sound like they are running at ful speed all the time and not slowing down after the initial boot as they should (used to). Anyone goy any ideas? Or is it possible to get the previous BIOS version to see if downgrading solves this?
6 REPLIES 6
Clancy Group
Occasional Contributor

It's OK, downgrading to version 2022.2F6 from the latest version (2022.349?) seems to have fixed this.
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Clancy Group
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Just to clarify, are you saying that the ILO F/W upgrade will fix the fan issue with the latest BIOS F/W or that I should upgrade the ILO F/W and leave it with the older BIOS image?

Is the racing fans a known issue with these upgrades then? I couldn't find too much about it on here. Any particular reason why HP don't fix it?
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Yes it will fix the fan noise using the latest bios.
And yes HP know about this issue because they gave me this sollution when I called them.
HalTheItGuy
Occasional Visitor

supplied link is not valid.  You can only get the fix if you have a vallid warranty. Basically, HP is saying -- turn it into a boat anchor even if we screwed up we aren't going to let you fix it in the future.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@HalTheItGuy wrote:

supplied link is not valid.  You can only get the fix if you have a vallid warranty. Basically, HP is saying -- turn it into a boat anchor even if we screwed up we aren't going to let you fix it in the future.

What generation DL120 server are you working with? This thread is 5 years old, might not be the same server model or the same issue.

How is your system configured and what exactly is the problem?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!