Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL120 G5 hardware monitoring

admin_silver
Occasional Visitor

DL120 G5 hardware monitoring

Hello friends

We have a group of dl120 g5 servers without ILO100c installed. We are trying to check the hardware status in some way, but the management agents installation and the advanced management driver fails. It says that a required component doesn´t exist in the system.

Is there a way to monitor the hardware status and the raid status of the system?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL120 G5 hardware monitoring

>> but the management agents installation and the advanced management driver fails.

Did you install the PSPs?

From SMH you can monitor each server, but if you have a larger number of servers, you should consider to use HP SIM or at least Insight RSS.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
admin_silver
Occasional Visitor

Hello friend

PSP installation fails. It says that management agents component has not the required dependencies.

It says that you need the advanced management driver, dl1xx driver, or ILO driver. We have tried to install first two ones, but fails. :(

Any idea?
admin_silver
Occasional Visitor

Hello again

I will answer myself. If you install HP Storage Manager, the software installs adaptec snmp subagent in the system. There is an unknown mib from adaptec from which you can monitor harddisk state and other data.

For example, disk state is

SMI::enterprises.795.14.1.400.1.1.11.1 = 3
SMI::enterprises.795.14.1.400.1.1.11.2 = 3

3 is ok, other value is broken or unknown state.

For other hardware monitoring like cpu or memory, you can use windows event log, but i don´t know exact eventid yet. If i find it i'll send it to you

Thanks all