1748177 Members
4241 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL120 G6 Beep Code Help

Brian_Miller101

DL120 G6 Beep Code Help

Hi,

I have a DL120 G6 and had to move it from one location to another.  Now, when I power it up, it immediately gives me the following beep code:  4-3-3-1 with no video.  After that, nothing happens.  I'm not able to find that code in the HP documentation anywhere.  Is anyone familiar with this beep code?  I've tried re-seating the memory, but that didn't help.  Thanks for any help.

-brian

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Regarding that beep code, refer to: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

I would suggest to bring the server to minimum config, but before removing the components, be sure to determine the minimum configuration for each component and follow all guidelines in the server user guide.

• All additional DIMMs
Leave only the minimum required to boot the server either one DIMM or a pair of DIMMs.
• All additional cooling fans, if applicable.
• All additional power supplies, if applicable (leave one installed)
• All hard drives
• All optical drives (DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and so forth)
• All optional mezzanine cards
• All expansion boards

Good Luck

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

dpassmaniv

HP's beep codes may not be 100% clear. the 4-3-3-1 beep code indicates that a ram stick is in the wrong slot or you are using incompatible ram. 

barcrawler
Occasional Visitor

I have a ML110 G6 with the same beep code

4 short

3 short

3 short

1 short (just did that for ppl searching)

Happens when I populate RAM slots 1 and/or 3

Any, and all, RAM that has been tested works just fine in slots 2 or 4

So, I'm guessing the banks are toast, or something leading to them.

viktortras
Occasional Contributor

Hello I have a Proliant ML110 G6 and I have the same problem, anyone have solved it?? I have try many differents memory modules but it does not seem to be the problem I think!Could it be the power supply? I have to tell I noticed it when I woke up a morning and see my two servers down, one was ok but off(hp microserver gen8) but proliant ml 110 g6 does not boot. 

viktortras
Occasional Contributor

any help please?