1753687 Members
5448 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL120 G7 won't boot

vav2sab
Visitor

DL120 G7 won't boot

Virtually brand new (<2 months old) DL120 G7 J01 suddenly won't boot anymore. Right after the HP ProLiant splash screen - when the message "Press any key to view Option ROM messages" appears - it recycles the POST process. I have reduced the hardware configuration to minimum - same story. Sometimes the sever brings up the bios memory check screen (see attachment) - but it does not depend on the memory board (have tried many different memory units). NVRAM reset did not help either.

I am currently out of options. Can anybody suggest a solution? (iLO3 works fine).

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

It could also be your CPU (if it's a CPU with integrated memory controller).

Recently there was a post here on the forum where cleaning the DIMM slots sorted out a memory problem.
vav2sab
Visitor

Thanks for your input. The unit is pretty fresh and besides that I was removing and inserting memory modules like hell during the last day - the contacts should have been cleaned by that. Anyway - it's a warranty case, thus HP support came to no other solution but the mainboard replacement. So far many "kudos" to the HP support service - the case has been cleared via online chat within 15 minutes. Will see how they will proceed further with the replacement next week.

vav2sab
Visitor

Well, it took a bit longer as expected (I must admit, that we told to HP that this was not an urgent case) - the mainboard was replaced on the May 3rd - nearly 2 weeks after the first contact with HP. The server is online again. All in all - good service experience with HP in Germany.