ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

DL120G7 "Hangs" at HP logo screen

alavi24

DL120G7 "Hangs" at HP logo screen

Hi dear

When I turn on the server DL120G7, the HP logo screen stops and the fans are running at Maximum power.

I also changed the motherboard and it did not matter.

Any ideas and tips to help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Re: DL120G7 "Hangs" at HP logo screen

Hello alavi24,

You could try breaking the server down to the minimum hardware configuration by removing the additional components and try to add those components one by one and see which component is causing this issue.

You can refer to DL120 G7 server user guide at https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02790682&docLocale=en_US and refer to section, "Breaking the server down to the minimum hardware configuration"

There are few troubleshooting flowchars available in the above mentioned guide at section "Troubleshooting flowcharts" which might as well help you to fix this issue.

Hope it helps!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: DL120G7 "Hangs" at HP logo screen

Please perform below action to isolate the issue.

Action1:

Power ON the server with the parts (1 system board, 1 processor and the 2 memory modules ).

NOTE: Do not install any expansion board, PCI cage, Hot-plug backplane board, Hot-plug hard drive, Non-hot-plug hard drive, Optical drive, cache module or board etc.

If server is powering ON and giving display with above parts keep adding one by one remaining component and perform below steps. Once server powers ON with full configuration, perform Action2.

Action2:

Power DOWN the server, remove power cord and clear the NVRAM using system maintenance switch number 6. Once done, power ON the server and do the below setting in BIOS:

• Select the Advanced menu.
  • Scroll down to IPMI and press the ENTER key.
  • Scroll down to the System Event Log and press the ENTER key.
  • At the Clear System Event Log selection, press the ENTER key to toggle between Enable and Disable. Select Enable.
  • Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup. Recycle the server once BIOS setting is done.

Or

Refer below customer advisory: ProLiant DL120 G7 / ProLiant ML110 G7 Servers- System May Stop Responding During Power-On Self Test (POST) When the Embedded B110i Controller Is Disabled

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03481454

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo