Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL140 G2 - LSI 20320-R Hang up on SCSI Bios

Frederico Almeida
Occasional Visitor

DL140 G2 - LSI 20320-R Hang up on SCSI Bios

Hello all!

I have in hads a problem that i really need help to get arround it as i can´t find the reason for this.

This machine is working for 3,5 years 24/7 without problems; as storage i have a lsi 20320-r with 2 36gb scsi drives in raid 1.
Recently i needed to upgrade the drives to get more stape as it´s a terminal server machine and i tried to go to scsi bios config to check if i could build a new raid with it.
Everytime i try to go into any menu rather than the first one (where you see the controler card info and the F2 menu also i can enter) the machine hangs up...
This is with original scsi controler that is working right now. The raid 1 works and no prblems besides this.

I have bought a new identical scsi controler and tried it on the server. And it also hangs up....
No modifications were made like bios upgrades, firmware upgrades or anything, the machine just stands there for 3,5 years working.

Problem now is that i have 2 147gb scsi hdd's, a new controler, people starving for space on terminal server and no go.
Can someone please give me a help!?!?

I tried everything like changing pci bus master, change pcix slot, change scsi cable (but it hangs with no hdd also), etc...
4 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL140 G2 - LSI 20320-R Hang up on SCSI Bios

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

BIOS 1.17 should fix this. There is a known issue with BIOS 1.16 and raid cards.(Please see attached HP customer advisory).

Use Karlo's link for the latest firmware.

Regards,

Brian

Frederico Almeida
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much for the information.
I will try this solution on saturday afternoon and as soon as i´m back online i'll get here and post result.

My best
Frederico

Frederico Almeida
Occasional Visitor

Hello

So far so good. Upgraded server bios to version 1.7 and now scsi bios works. Created im array and it just requires a sync.
Now i´m dumping ghost image to new 140gb space vailable! :)

Thank you all for the time and help.
My best