ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748041 Members
5073 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G2:can I install W2K server? and if so how?

eddy steenbergen

DL140 G2:can I install W2K server? and if so how?

The ProLiant Server Support Matrix says that W2K server is supported on the DL140 G2. So how the hell do I get it installed? Help please.
4 REPLIES 4
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I don't understand. What's preventing you from doing it? Aren't there drivers available on the cd for this?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Does your DL140 have a CD-ROM? I believe the Default Configuration has no CD-ROM.

If you have a CD and a Floppy and just the standard IDE controller, you should be able to just boot up the server with your WIndows CD and install like you would on a PC.

Can you give us more detail as to what your having a problem with?

Steven

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
eddy steenbergen

Thanks for responding Steven and Terry. My problems arise from the HP ProLiant DL140 G2 not having a floppy or an IDE interface that can handle a floppy. It has SATA disks. It has USB interfaces.

*BUT* Windows 2000 does not have native support for USB interfaces or SATA disks. So I don't see how I can get the drivers from the CD during the installation using the F6 key.

Eddy
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Are you trying Windows 2000 WITH SP3 or SP4? or just a standard Win2k with no SP integrated?

If you so choose, you can integrate the proper components into your Windows Media and make a custom CD. I have a web link somewhere for it. Pretty good tutorial.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)