ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753505 Members
4649 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL140 G3 Bootup from CDROM

Paul Misner

DL140 G3 Bootup from CDROM

I'm almost embarrassed to be writing this, but I have tried changing the boot settings multiple times, and searched through the manuals. I have a DL140 G3 that shipped without a DVD drive. I've been trying to no avail to get the system to boot from a USB CDROM.

Can someone either point me to right manual/place to look at, or provide me with detailed instructions on getting a USB drive CDROM to boot? A screen capture of the boot screen would be excellent.

Yes, the CD has been tested as bootable.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: DL140 G3 Bootup from CDROM

Hello Paul,

There is nothing embarrassing to it ! We all run into it... sometime or the other;

I guess you have already enabled the USB; & the "Boot controller order" is set to the one with the HDDs on it.

Now, if this is set correct, You will see the USB device under "boot device order";

Select it & move it to top positiom
Save BIOS settings & exit;

Regards,
James.
Paul Misner

I just checked with my engineer. He and I are both in agreement that we did this.

Paul

Paul Misner

I just checked with my engineer. He and I are both in agreement that we did this.

Thanks.. any other ideas..

Paul

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Paul,

try different USB ports; Different USB device & check if the server picks that up;
Try same USB device to another server to check its functionality;

Regards,
James.
markv_1
Occasional Advisor

Just a small info ... I figured out, that the front USB Ports are down in my DL 140 G3

the only USB which works are the two on the back , reason unknow.

Maybe that is off help for you