ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753904 Members
9529 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G3 Bootup from CDROM

Paul Misner

DL140 G3 Bootup from CDROM

I'm almost embarrassed to be writing this, but I have tried changing the boot settings multiple times, and searched through the manuals. I have a DL140 G3 that shipped without a DVD drive. I've been trying to no avail to get the system to boot from a USB CDROM.

Can someone either point me to right manual/place to look at, or provide me with detailed instructions on getting a USB drive CDROM to boot? A screen capture of the boot screen would be excellent.

Yes, the CD has been tested as bootable.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Paul,

There is nothing embarrassing to it ! We all run into it... sometime or the other;

I guess you have already enabled the USB; & the "Boot controller order" is set to the one with the HDDs on it.

Now, if this is set correct, You will see the USB device under "boot device order";

Select it & move it to top positiom
Save BIOS settings & exit;

Regards,
James.
Paul Misner

I just checked with my engineer. He and I are both in agreement that we did this.

Paul

Paul Misner

I just checked with my engineer. He and I are both in agreement that we did this.

Thanks.. any other ideas..

Paul

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Paul,

try different USB ports; Different USB device & check if the server picks that up;
Try same USB device to another server to check its functionality;

Regards,
James.
markv_1
Occasional Advisor

Just a small info ... I figured out, that the front USB Ports are down in my DL 140 G3

the only USB which works are the two on the back , reason unknow.

Maybe that is off help for you