1752781 Members
6390 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G3 Embedded SATA RAID Software

Richard Theo
Advisor

DL140 G3 Embedded SATA RAID Software

I bought two DL140 G3 servers in May this year - part numbers 470064-432.

I have successfully set up a pair of hard disks in the BIOS RAID setup as a mirrored (RAID1) pair but i cannot find the software to install within windows to monitor the health of the RAID array. This is essential.

I am using Windows 2008 Server x64 edition.

I don't know if it helps but the Device Manager reports that the storage controller is "Adaptec Serial ATA HostRAID".

Where can i get the software - there's nothing on the downloads for this server except "Proliant Array Configuration Utility for WIndows" but when you run this is says it can't find a supported storage controller.
13 REPLIES 13
Gary Antonio Benavides_1
Frequent Advisor

Try this one, I was not able to find it for windows server 2008 x64, but this one might work.

HP SATA RAID Controller Manager for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&prodNameId=3285485&swEnvOID=1113&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-89156cd418594f0db085bcb38e

Please let me know if it worked.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Richard Theo
Advisor

unfortunately if you try to install this it says

the program is blocked due to compatibility issues.

there is no option to carry on. you can only exit at that point.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Richard Theo
Advisor

this one installed ok (despite the fact that is says its for WS03 not WS08). However when i run it, it finds a controller but gives an error saying "comands are not responding: controller 1".

Any suggestions ?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Let's try this

install that one and install this one

Adaptec Storage Manager v5.10.17173 for 64-bit Windows

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/sas/storage_manager/asm_windows_x64_v5_10_17173_exe.htm

and let us know
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Richard Theo
Advisor

uninstalled all the others and then installed the adaptec one. It install fine but when you run it says :-
Controller 1 (not responding) RAID controller

If you look at the detail of the error it says:
Commands are not responding : controller 1

I tried disabling the firewall in case that was the problem but it made no difference.

It seems to me that there's a common theme with each of the different manager's i've tried - they can't communicate with the controller. This suggests to me that it may be a driver issue - as presumably the managers are trying to communicate with the RAID driver.

The driver calls itself "Adaptec Serial ATA HostRAID" in device manager. On the driver tab it reports v 1.6.6.2 date 27/4/2007. In driver detail it says
file: adpahci.sys
by: Adaptec Inc
File version: 1.6.0006.1 (1.070222-1720)

Is this the correct driver ?

Any other ideas ?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

good question

by the way where did you get it?

since It seems HP does not have driver for Dl140 G3 W2008?

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Richard Theo
Advisor

it came off the CD that came with the server. however i can't at this stage remember which exact driver it was because the install went smoothly.
Richard Theo
Advisor

Hi Guys,

I still haven't resolved this problem. Could you please take another look for the correct software.

Regards

Richard