New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G3 Network Broadcom Extreme 5721 Embedded Adapter

SOLVED
Go to solution
yasir mirza
Advisor

DL140 G3 Network Broadcom Extreme 5721 Embedded Adapter

To whom it may concern,
Are the Broadcom Extreme 5721 Embedded Network Adapters that are on the DL140G3 capable of fault-tolerance? Can I pair / team these NIC adapters ? If so, how, and what software do I use to pair them ?

Any advice, suggestions, recommendations please.

Many Thanks &
Kindest Regards,

Yasir Mirza

11 REPLIES 11
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can definitely team these adapters in Windows. You need HP Network Configuration Utility, which is included in the Proliant Support Pack for Windows. Not sure if HP provides this utility for Linux.
Ozan GUNAYDIN
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

If they are installed dual on the server

they support:

Failover, Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT)
PXE 2.0 Boot Agent
ASF 2.0 support
Wake on LAN
Load balancing or teaming
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

And if you would install Windows using SmartStart CD, this utility will be installed automatically.
yasir mirza
Advisor

Many thanks all for your kind replies, however, I explored the only CD the came along with the server and all it contains is documents, html files, and drivers for NIC, HP SATA RAID, VGA and NIC, but there is no Network Configuration Utility.
yasir mirza
Advisor

I have downloaded the HP Network Configuration Utility from HP, I will let you guys know if everything ok.

Many thanks for your kind assistance and direction.

Yasir
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Glad to help :)
yasir mirza
Advisor

Hello once again,

After downloading and installtion of the HP Network Configuration Utility for Windows Server 2003 (Version 8.37.0.0).....this is the message I received......

--------------------
The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system.
Press 'Close' to exit Setup.
---------------------

Is the utility version I downloaded incorrect ?

Please Advise,

Yasir
yasir mirza
Advisor

Sorry, problem solved by downloading the BraodCom NIC Teaming software from the HP download support site. Everything is ok. Next time I will research, before waste everyone's time. Kindly accept my sincerst apologies and many thanks to all.

Thanks,
Yasir Mirza
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Actually I owe you an apology. I am used to DL320+ and ML350+ servers, so I assumed that PSP for Windows is also supported on DL140 G3. Apparently not, because it is not listed on
"HP ProLiant DL140 G3 Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2003" page. So yes, you need HP ProLiant 100 Series Broadcom NIC Teaming Driver for Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
Sorry for that misinformation.