Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL140 G3 (and G2) SNMP Agents

SOLVED
Go to solution
meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

DL140 G3 (and G2) SNMP Agents

Is there any HP SNMP agents available for D140 G3 servers (and for G2 also). We need to get access through SNMP to Power supply, Hard Drive and Fan status.

I tried installaling the Insight Management Agents (7.90) for DL360 on a DL140 G3 server and it did not work.

So is there a version of the Insight Management Agents for DL140 servers ?

Please, We need this information quickly.
Thanks
13 REPLIES
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Re: DL140 G3 (and G2) SNMP Agents

I dont think there are any Management agents for DL140 g3 server.

meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

Does someone is really sure of that.
If someone from HP would answer.

Thanks
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

Please find the link from the HP.com drivers and download page for DL140 G3 server running Windows 2003 server.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285485&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

This link clearly indicates that there are no managment agets on DL140 G3 server or as a matter of fact any 100 series server.

Instead you can use the 100i remote management card which is integrated on the system board. Go to BIOS>Advanced>Under IPMI configure the system's setting IP adress etc.

On any clinet computer just type http://IPaddres of this server.

Please update !!
meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

In this case, if there is no Insight agent, why is it possible to download the "Insight Management MIB update kit" (which is also downloadable for DL300 series and contains MIB that the Insight Management agents handle).

What the use to download MIBs if there is no SNMP agents that handle them.

For our customer, we need SNMP handling of these parameters (status of Fan, hard driver and power supply).

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

The MIB's once installed will be able to communicate with the HP Sim server

The sim server will be able to monitor the DL140 server

meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

What is exactly Sim server ?
Is it something to buy from HP ?

Can we use SNMP with it ?

Thanks
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

SIM - System Insight Manager .It is a software that is used to manage various HP servers remotley.

SIM Server is the server on which SIM software is installed

Managed server is the server which is remotley managed by SIM server.

we can install SIM on any server...SIM gets the updates through management agents installed on the remotly managed servers...mib's will help sim server to collect information on the managed server.
meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

So, if SIM gets the updates through management agents installed on the remotly managed servers and that this remotly managed server is a DL140 what kind of agents must we install on this DL140 to be able to monitor it ?

When you say management agents, you mean SNMP agents ?

If I install SIM on the DL140, will I be able to monitor it using SNMP ?

Regards
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor

So, if SIM gets the updates through management agents installed on the remotly managed servers and that this remotly managed server is a DL140 what kind of agents must we install on this DL140 to be able to monitor it ?

It Would be same MIB kit for insight manager.It will only work if DL140 server is remotely managed through SIM (Systems insight manager)

When you say management agents, you mean SNMP agents ?
Not exactly. Management agets are not limited to SNMP agents only. They have broader scope.Includes other things as well.

If I install SIM on the DL140, will I be able to monitor it using SNMP ?
You should install SIM on a remote client so that you can remotly manage DL140 server.
sanesh vig
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this please.

Regards
meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

Our customer is TV channel and our server will be used for broadcasting. Our customer wants SNMP management of the system.

So, we need SNMP for DL140 G3. SIM does not seem to fit our needs.

I will try to call HP support today to ask them . Maybe there is no solutions for our problem.

Thanks for your help.
meekmeek
Occasional Advisor

I got answers from HP today.

As you mention it, the HP DL140 does not have the same SNMP management capabilities as the DL3XX server series and therefor there is no SNMP for this kind of server.

If we want such capabilities we must upgrade our DL140 server to some DL320 or 360 servers.

Regards
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

here is a customer notice explaining, that there are no agents :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00786488〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=1842838&prodTypeId=15351

Regards