1753860 Members
7473 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 G3 running Linux re-mirroring issue

Doug MacLennan
Frequent Advisor

DL140 G3 running Linux re-mirroring issue

We re-dedicated this server to use for our phone Auto-attendant software, and I don't know much about Linux. Apparently Linux issues a command weekly to check the mirror, but instead of just checking, it re-mirrors? This takes several hours which is a problem because the voice prompts become all jittery for the duration. Can't find much documentation on the HP site, but is there server based Mirror monitoring going on? Can I disable the Linux check, and how?
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, linux scheduled tasks is called crontab.

I would check /etc/cron.d cron.monthly(or what it's called in your distribution) for any scripts that might cause this that you can disable.
You can also run crontab -e when you are logged on with a user to see if that user have any crontab scripts (like root). But maybe the mirroring script is run by another user.

What is this mirroring? Is it copying the files or is it the whole array being re-built?
Doug MacLennan
Frequent Advisor

I assume it's the whole mirror being rebuilt because it's taking around 12 hours to do.
If the DL140 is monitoring the mirror through hardware, I'd love to turn off the Linux check.
This Server takes 2 identical SATA drives. I imagine they're much slower than a SCSI mirror would be but that's not an option.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Very strange!

Is this happening every week at a specific time and day?

I would check the weekly crontab then to see what is happening.

Are you having any intermittent hdd problems?