5829 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 + latest BIOS = NO BOOT !!!

Ahmad Ali_2
Occasional Advisor

DL140 + latest BIOS = NO BOOT !!!

Hello!

I updated my BIOS to resolve the problems with boot at midnight and erratic performance with 4GB memory. My previous BIOS version supported updating from within windows so I updated according to the instructions and everything seemed to work perfectly (erase/program/verify with no errors).

However, upon restart the system no longer boots. I can see and get into BIOS and LAN boot agent settings but after that it hangs with a black screen.

I tried different BIOS settings but it refuses to boot. I also tried boot from a USB key with same result.

Is my boot block dead or what?

My specs: DUAL 3.2G, 4G ram, 80GB

Really need som help here / AA
4 REPLIES 4
Nathan Gervais
Trusted Contributor

Ahmad Ali_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

I do not think so. At least there is no blinking cursor. It appears to refuse booting no matter what boot device I choose.

I will try installing a CDROM tonight and see if that works better.

If not I'll have to try the BIOS recovery mode or get a new bios chip from somewhere.

Does anyone know if bios recovery mode works with a USB key or do I need a real USB floppy?

Thanks / AA
Ahmad Ali_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi again!

My machine is now up and running after removing a 1GB stick of fully functional RAM.

Why? It turned out to be a BIOS bug.
I'll post a separate thread about this to catch HP's attention.

Regards / AA
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This forum is not a method to officially report problems to development teams. Please contact your local customer services team to report and escalate...