108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL140 (limited) Management implementation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris McDuffie
Occasional Contributor

DL140 (limited) Management implementation

Has anyone actually configured their DL140 with HPISM? The forum articles I've read mention that you just need to install snmp and that's it. No brainer. Please forgive my ignorance, but what should I expect after that? Should the servers show up in the list of devices? How do I know about/receive the up/down notifications? I cannot find any documentation on it, and I don't see my servers or notifications listed anywhere.

I'm biting the bullet and buying 320s and 360s because I can't figure out how to make the 140s talk.

HPSIM 4.1
DL140 OS Win 2003 Std, Web and 2000 Std
SNMP is running

Thank you!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Symen
Frequent Advisor

You're not quite there yet, there are also insight manager agents to install, and then you need to discover your servers.
I'm not going to go into detail, because HP has a very nice help site located at http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5990-8181/5990-8181.html
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

The ProLiant 100 series provides limited manageability. If management is a key decision criteria, you are doing the right thing by select the DL320 or DL360.

There are no Insight agents for the ProLiant 100 series. HP Systems Insight Manager can use SNMP polling to get basic up/down status. For data collection and inventory information, HP SIM can gather that information from the OS using WMI. Make sure you have the WMI Mapper installed and that you have configured valid WBEM credentials in the protocols page in HP SIM.
Chris McDuffie
Occasional Contributor

I did a complete reinstall of HP ISM with the new patch for Server 2003, made sure the settings were correct and that did the trick. I can actually see status of many of the components, I just don't have a cool homepage like the rest of the servers.