6625 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 G3 SAS/SATA Windows Server 2003 x64 HELP

Allisen
Occasional Contributor

DL145 G3 SAS/SATA Windows Server 2003 x64 HELP

Hi,

I have been reading on the forums but have been unable to find a solution. I have a DL145 G3 with 2 72 GB SAS drives. I have been trying to install Windows 2003 server x64 (tried 32 bit too) and setup is unable to see the drives. I finally got it to detect something after loading a driver but it only shows it as about 100 MB (not GB). I made a USB boot key with the LSI logic drivers on it. At first it didn't find any drives attached at all. I went in and deleted the array and recreated it and it sees it now but only about 133 MB of it. How do I get Windows to see the array? Or should I delete the array again and create it in Windows? I have tried that before but it didn't even see the drives at all.

Allisen
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Allisen,

Refer:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1147521

Believe you me, this will Work If its UNDERSTOOD & then followed properly; (exception cases are always there.. to make life interesting .. LOL !)

nLITE option is also available, where in you may integrate the Drivers into the OS & create a bootable CD.

For the Drivers refer:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/1111_6307.html

Regards,
James.
Allisen
Occasional Contributor

I don't see the LSI logic drivers anywhere. Should I use the Smart Array drivers even though the SAS drives are hooked up to the LSI logic array?
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hi All

Could u let me know the raid controller used and driver file name and USB fdd manufacturer coz might need to add the manufacturer id in oemsetup.txt file in driver file in last line to make it work

Thanks
Cheer :)
Allisen
Occasional Contributor

I used the NLite program to create a new disk, downloaded the LSI Logic driver from the LSI logic site for the 1608 controller and also put the Smart Array driver on there for giggles and it worked.

Thanks!