1747984 Members
4725 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 G3 onboard SATA Controller

Charles Coulbourn
Occasional Contributor

DL145 G3 onboard SATA Controller

I have a DL145 G3 Server with an onboard SATA controller. I'm getting a message that the HD cannot be found during setup. I saw a thread stating the controller should use PATA mode instead of SATA mode. Changing modes had no effect. I do not have a CD or floppy on the server and I'm using RIS based install (Windows Server 2003). Is the driver for the controller in the Windows supplied drivers? I have configured RIS to load the drivers contained on the CD supplied with the server but I'm not having any luck.
4 REPLIES 4
e4services
Honored Contributor

The driver for the controller is not supplied on the Windows CD if you are getting this message. Load the supplied drive when prompted in the install.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

yes you have to download the driver for the SATA controller and when you're installing windows youy have to press f6 to load those drivers.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Dirk Hautekiet

There is a note in the following support manual concerning Windows installation.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00845465/c00845465.pdf
P. 15 en 34

In the BIOS you have to change this setting:
SATA mode: Selects native SATA mode or parallel ATA (PATA) emulation mode. Use the native SATA mode if you are installing a Linux operating system. Use the PATA setting if you are installing Microsoft Windows.

DJ Mendonca

I also had this issue with a Windows Server 2003 installation. Setting the drives to PATA in the bios and loading the proper Storage Controller drivers at Windows Setup resolved the issue. Thanks all for the great post and fix!