ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753809 Members
8470 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 LO password forgotten - how to change?

useless38
Occasional Advisor

DL145 LO password forgotten - how to change?

I'm not sure if we ever changed from the default password the server came with, but we are unable to login to one of our boxes.

Is there any way of doing it from the server console itself? Or maybe a jumper I can switch on the motherboard? Unlike on our DL360s there doesn't seem to be an iLO configuration section at the BIOS section of boot.
5 REPLIES 5
andre.mostert
Advisor

Hi there

On most of the servers you can set the default on start up. Reboot the server and enter the ILO config by pressing F8. Select to reset to defaults. Save the changes and exit. REboot the server and go in to the ILO settings. Now you can setup your user and IP settings.

Good luck

Andre
useless38
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately the DL145 is not one of the servers with a normal iLO device. It has a crappy half-baked telnet iLO of sorts that only lets you reboot the server and a few other minor things. No remote control or anything fancy like that. The web interface offers stats and little else. I think the G2 version, which we don't have, does have a proper iLO device.

There also isn't an option for F8 at boot, so I can't do it that way. The main BIOS has a few settings for it but nothing to do with the password. On the other DL145 we have I had to set the password once I logged in with the default one. For some reason we have lost the sticker that had the default password on it for this server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This is "Lights-Out 100" and not iLO. LO100 comes default with username/password set to admin/admin
Thomas J. Ainsworth

Going one further - if someone set the iLO password, how do you override it on the DL145. On the DL360 series setting dip switch # 1 overrides the iLO security - you go in, set it to what you want, power of the machine, set the switch back to the original setting and walla! What about the DL145 - I do not ahave any doc's - hard or soft copy.
Layred Tech
Occasional Contributor

I too need an answer to this. I have a box that the password is lost on and we need to reset it also. Please advise.