Did you mean: 

DL145 and Highpoint RR1542 Sata controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nick Dewitte
Occasional Contributor

DL145 and Highpoint RR1542 Sata controller

Hi

Is it possible to make this configuration work?
I can properly install W2k3 on it but it doesn't want to boot from it. When I try to go into Bios setup I get "WAIT ..." and it stays on that screen. I tried with an IDE HDD connected with same result.

Regards
Nick Dewitte
4 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL145 and Highpoint RR1542 Sata controller

If all settings Correct:
You still can try Update System ROM for Server, Contact High Point tech. check if they have firmware for 1500 Series Cards. Otherwise it conflicts with boot technology standards. Ask at High Point if they tested Product in HP servers or other brands.
Nick Dewitte
Occasional Contributor

KOV,

The server is running latest ROM as is the Highpoint card. I sent an e-mail to Highpoint but I will probably get a response to contact HP.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You won't be able get productive answers at HP Tech support, as third Party HW not supported.
Nick Dewitte
Occasional Contributor

Turns out that the controller did have an out of date firmware (by more then 3 years).
The server boots fine now.

About HP not supporting third party hardware: I know it's not easy supporting every piece of hardware but stopping support as soon as a third party is involved is not a proper way of customer support. If HP was able to supply 99% of functionality in it's hardware portfolio this would be fine but that is not the case. HP is not required to make every third party hw work but it should try and help it's customers as much as possible.