ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752770 Members
5115 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL145 doesn't boot, power but no video

Kief

DL145 doesn't boot, power but no video

I have several DL145 servers (G1), and one of them is not booting. I removed one of the CPU's and power modules from this one and another, the other works fine but this one does not.

It powers up, fans blow, and the green power LED goes on. It powers up even without the button being pressed when I plug it in, i.e. it behaves as a good machine does when it is unplugged while on and re-plugged in.

So the bad machine blows its fans, but the othe lights on the front do not light up, although orange light at the rear does. Nothing comes onto the monitor. Pressing and/or holding the power button does nothing.

I have removed, reseated, and replaced all the components I could think of, and played with the J9 CMOS reset jumper, to no avail. As a side question, is it possible to damage the system by running it with the J9 jumper in the wrong position?

My best hope is in the led lights on the Serenade motherboard, which have a different pattern than the good twin has. There is one labelled CR18, "H0 present", which is steady green on the good server, and blinking green on the bad. I have not been able to find a reference for the board.

Also, there is a column of various colored lights. On the bad one, the same lights are on as the good one, however some extra lights are on: three lights towards the bottom, labelled "all_pwr_good", "vdd_ht0_run", and "vdd_1.8_run" are LIT on the BAD system, and OFF on the GOOD system.

Again, I can't find any reference document which explains what these lights mean. I suspect they are the key to diagnosing the problem. Can anyone help with information about these?

Thanks,
Kief
2 REPLIES 2
Kief

Let me correct my previous post. The three lights at the bottom of the column on the main board are OFF on the bad system, and ON on the good one.

Does anyone know the meaning of these 3 lights labelled "all_pwr_good", "vdd_ht0_run", and "vdd_1.8_run"?

Thanks,
Kief
TURMEL_1

Hi,

I have the same problem... did you find a solution ?

It's quiet the same cause my box does not want to boot with a second CPU.

I saw in BIOS / CPU event log some errors about temperature.

Thanks,

Franck