cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL145G2 and a Smart Array 6404 controller

Thomas Woody
Occasional Contributor

DL145G2 and a Smart Array 6404 controller

When the SA controller if first installed, and the machine boots, it is detected and you have the ability to configure the array, etc. Upon successive reboots, until its disconnected and reconnected in some way, the SA controller isn't detected by the hardware or the OS (RHEL4).

Any suggestions?

SA controller has been replaced, chassis has been replaced just as a CYA. Still occuring. Is the SA 6404 even supported by the machine?
2 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: DL145G2 and a Smart Array 6404 controller

Thomas,
DL145 G2 server not listed as supported in
SmartArray compatibility table ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/compatability-matrix.pdf
Maybe you can ask this question as well as Linux MCE question in Linux forum:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=118
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Re: DL145G2 and a Smart Array 6404 controller

Not to bash HP in anyway, but the 145 hasn't really been a true HP system. The last time I looked at one, it looked like a 1U case & MB you might find at your local Fry's.

Why, oh why, they haven't made a DL365, I'll never know. We tossed the 145 G1 & G2 that they demo-ed to us because the guts were just too difficult to work with. Non-HS drives were a real kick in the pants as well.

I'd be the first in line for a quality 1U Opteron box from HP... Sun (maybe IBM) is the only OEM making one right now. And I AIN'T buying a Sun.