5616 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL160 G5 - Health Green, but not starting up

dbmv
Advisor

DL160 G5 - Health Green, but not starting up

Hey guys,

I just got a few HP DL160 G5's (4 of them). However, one of them isn't starting up. Here's what I see :

Power led = Orange
Little medical led/lightning (health), is green (turns green when I try to power on the server).

I press the power button, nothing happens.

I tried searching and crawling all over the HP site, but I can't find any answers. Help would be greatly appreciated...
4 REPLIES 4
dbmv
Advisor

As well, the power light remains amber (just like other servers, but those turn green when powered on). Changed outlet, and wiring, and all that.

No amber lights, or red lights inside of it. Checked the PSU, fan turns on, no light blinking.

Basically, it refuses to turn on the rest of the machine. I would try ILO, but these are new, so they're probably not even set yet (and can't see them when I check dhcp logs on the router).

I really need to know how to get this box up and running :(
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried looking at the Power-up Problem flowchart?

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00368941/c00368941.pdf

HTH,
dbmv
Advisor

Hi CnB,

I tried those same troubleshooting steps. It still remains in standby (with no trouble led's going on).

3 other servers work fine..
cnb
Honored Contributor

Well if reseating/replacing the power supply as the Flow-chart indicates didn't resolve it, then the system module or interconnects are suspect. Try reseating the PCI interconnect.