7613 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL160 G6 system fails to power on.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pospicil

DL160 G6 system fails to power on.

This system is brand new out of the factory shipping box, factory sealed.

The system fails to power on.

The power supply has the LED light green.

The start button does not turn amber.

Do not need to press the start button, system turns on (?), start button stays dark, not amber or green.

The internal health LED stays dark not on, green or red.

Tried removing the CMOS battery, no change.

Can replacing the system board SPS 608882-001 (off of the sticker on it) clear this issue ?

Does H/P have any service data for the system that could lead to the SPS that could clear this issue ?

If there is two or more SPS that could repair this issue ?
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Does the fans and everything else spin up?
Does the hard disks light up?

If possible, you could try to run the server in minimal config - like as few memory dimms and cpu as possible, no extra network or raid cards, cd/dvd player etc.

How about the cables to the start/button or the start button itself? Maybe the button is pressed in all the way, or the cables in the way do not look good/somehow connected to the wrong pins?
Pospicil

Thanks for your response, looking for a fresh set of eyes, for I may not see the trees from the forest.

(Does the fans and everything else spin up?)
Yes

(Does the hard disks light up?)
Yes

(If possible, you could try to run the server in minimal config - like as few memory dimms and cpu as possible, no extra network or raid cards, cd/dvd player etc.)

This is part of my standard trouble shooting procedure and also use known good components from a different but same type of system, or even like with this one rotating using the two CPUs one at a time into the first socket.

After trying to get into a pass post testing, failing to pass the post will take out the required parts like the CPU (none installed) seeing it is in most post testing the first tested forcing it into a post test failure with the display of beep codes and / or LEDs to light on the system.

This system even fails to fail this setup to fail the post testing.

(How about the cables to the start/button or the start button itself?)
As factory shipped is set in the CMOS to start automatically on power applied.
Even did every thing I know to clear out the CMOS settings, this has helped me get systems out of this state in the past.

(Maybe the button is pressed in all the way, or the cables in the way do not look good/somehow connected to the wrong pins?)

Looked at this and revisited today, looks to be properly attached and the button appears to have a movement to it.
Looking the system overall all appears to be properly attached, nothing lose, hooked up wrong / misaligned / backwards or shorted (pinched / bare wires)
My take is the BIOS is bad and needing to replace the System Board SPS 608882-001

THANKS for the help

Pospicil

My hours are from 6:00AM to 2:30PM Arizona time (MST) Monday thru Friday.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yeah I think so too :/
Pospicil

Just need to get H/P to send the System Board SPS 608882-001.

The replacment SPS's fixed the other 6 with this received lot of 7.