5462 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

DL160 G9 - Intelligent Provisioning hangs copying cpfeeder.exe

wellmt
Occasional Collector

DL160 G9 - Intelligent Provisioning hangs copying cpfeeder.exe

Hello

I have a new HP DL160 G9 and am trying to use Intelligent Provisioning to Install Windows 2012R2 x64 Standard using standard/default options.  

During the provisioning process and after answering the questions about language/keyboard etc the machine begins the copy process but just hangs at the following:

Copying: /mnt/boot/win/cpfeeder.exe

I've googled to no avail.  Any help appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: DL160 G9 - Intelligent Provisioning hangs copying cpfeeder.exe

Hi,

Not sure why it stops at this file.

But what you could try is to try install other OS like Windows 2012 32bit or Windows 2008 R2 and see if it happens with all OS or just Windows 2012 R2.

If its happening only with Windows 2012 R2, then try with a different OS media/source.

Its also worth updating Intelligent Provisioning if the issue continues.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Pelcky

I have the same issue with ML350 G9 and DL380 G9, it seems to have something to do with UEFI.  I have had to set the BIOS to legacy mode and manually load Server 2012R2.

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Same here; this is beyond laughingly depressing. It's not the India support; it's not the cost and now the product sucks too? Come on HP?

This is where it gets stuck for me too:

proliant-crapout.png

So on a more productive note here is what I found to be the problem in my case: source of windows 2012 R2 media

I was using a share to deliver the ISO and that apparently is what caused this. I then switched to virtual CD/DVD mounted via iLO4 remote session and that worked. The server software was installed correctly using intelligent Provisioning.

This is my configuration on all firmware versions:

proliant-crapout4.png