108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL160 GEN 8 with UBUNTU

SOLVED
Go to solution
bherachit
Occasional Contributor

DL160 GEN 8 with UBUNTU

There is no note related to (compare to DL 360 380 GEN 8). But I can not use embedded SATA RAID on Ubuntu LTS 12.04. If docs is wrong, will it be available. If so, then when. But if the doc is correct, then how can I configure RAID.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

The RAID driver for the embedded controller is a binary driver and currently only available for RHEL and SLES.  The RAID functionality for the "B" series controller is in the driver. The driver  (cciss or hpsa) for the "P" series Smart Array controller is an open source driver and is included in pretty much every major Linux distribution. For now your choices are to use software RAID in Linux or add a "P" series controller.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
bherachit
Occasional Contributor

Thank for your answer. will consider the software raid against the hardware. Is there any performance comparison?

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

The RAID driver for the embedded controller is a binary driver and currently only available for RHEL and SLES.  The RAID functionality for the "B" series controller is in the driver. The driver  (cciss or hpsa) for the "P" series Smart Array controller is an open source driver and is included in pretty much every major Linux distribution. For now your choices are to use software RAID in Linux or add a "P" series controller.

bherachit
Occasional Contributor

My technical try to install the software raid but its not work. Please give me more brief how to configure  the software raid 1/5 on ubuntu 12.04 dl 160 gen 8 platform.