108794 Solutions
New Discussion

DL160 Gen9 runtime fault memory

Alexey_G
Occasional Visitor

DL160 Gen9 runtime fault memory

Hello !

Advice needed urgently.

For 3 years DL160 Gen9 (Sys. ROM U20 v2.00 (12/27/2015)) stood rock solid with Win2k8R2 OS onboard . Five weeks ago I upgraded OS to Win2012R2 and,  a month later, out of the blue,  got server power-down. In IML log the corresponding to power-down  entry gives : Server critical fault (service information runtime fault memory cpu 2 memory channels 1-4 (20h)). After power up there are no status errors in ILO console as if nothing happened.

In documentation for Gen 9 Proliants I have not found such error description, but in “Integrated Management Log Messages and Troubleshooting Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen 10 and HPE Synergy” Part Number: P05789-003 I found the error: Server Critical Fault (Service Information: %1) %2 . According to the Troubleshooting Guide  “This message indicates that the CPLD indicated there was a power fault of some type in the system.”

In this forum there was a post with almost exact error : https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/moving-hard-drive-and-raid-arra-form-server-hp-proliant-dl460/m-p/7034734#.XQlW-RYzY1g . In that case they solved the problem by moving to another server.

The irony is that the server warranty expired days before this failure, so no AHS log analysis or HP support case  for me.  I scanned all revision history for DL 160 Gen9 firmware updates and have not found any  mention of correcting similar errors.

So have anybody experienced such an error  with your servers? What did help you? Should I move to another hardware?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Vinod_R
HPE Pro

Re: DL160 Gen9 runtime fault memory

Hi Alexey,

I would request you to log one support ticket with HPE technical support team for further troubleshooting in this case.

As logs analysis are required in this case to validate the server hardware issue.

If server is found out of warranty, then log trade case with HPE on chargeable bases support. For hardware troubleshooting's & log analysis .

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Singh Rawat

HPE Support 

From HPE 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo