New Discussion

Re: DL160g5 confusion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

DL160g5 confusion

Hello,

I had  a DL160g5  running server 2003... an assoicate then  installed server 2008 64 on it.

The server has one 146gb drive (c:) and two  400gb drives      I beleive I had originally had the 400's mirrored....

but now there is no raid controller definded  in device manager and ACU says there are no smart raid controllers...

but tthere is a LSI Adapter SAS 3000series, 4 port with 1064E

under disk drives there is a HD DF0146B8052  - the 146gb drive C:

and there is  LSILOGIC Logical Volume SCSI Disk Device

this leaves  me no way to verify if there is any raid 1 miroring going on or if the second 400 gb drive unit is anywhere to be found.......

I have  a suspicion that the proper  device drivers for the controllers forthe new win8 64 were not  installed when  the OS was reinstalled ?

any suggestions ??  

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
6 REPLIES 6
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

I have founf the LSI adapter is = HP 4/8 internal SAS HBA w/raid and SCXX GE SE  

now how do I manage it..with what tool ??  

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Ok   the currently installed drive = 1.28.3.52

but the newest  one HP has  available to download = 1.28.2.1    

could that be my problem.  ?     ..and  I still need to verify if ACU  should be able to see this controaller and permit it to be confifured  or is there some  other utility /method in order to do this

this is like talking to myself.....I shoud just check  in to  the nut house

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can not use ACU with these controllers. ACU supports only smart array controllers.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

I   would sepculate you do not know how I  would actually mange the Arrys that this controller is supposed to support ?

some other HP utility ?   or one from the  OEM  (LSI)   this controller is  intregrated on the system board....... so HP must have some suggestion on how to view and configure  ? 

thanks

PGTRI
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

The controller has a BIOS configuration utility, where you can manage arrays. I haven't seen an online tool for this controller.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Thanks a ton man!!!

Even in the BIOS utility,     its hard to find...when you get on the 1st page all the options and instrutions are listed at the botton...but none of those options/settings are what  or where you want to go.....you just have to hit enter  with the  contorller highlighted  THEN you get into the RAID settings and so forth............   they could not have  hid it any better

thanks again