108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL160se G6 - Issue using LO100 withIE9 and IE8

SOLVED
Go to solution
sequeiraca
Occasional Advisor

DL160se G6 - Issue using LO100 withIE9 and IE8

For the life of me I cannot get the iLo to see the virtual media if I am using IE9 or IE8.

Works fine using IE6.

Even though the virtual media sees the ISo and I can connect to it, when the system is supposed to boot up to the ISO it doesnt see it and attempts a PXE boot.

If I use IE6, it works fine.

Anyone know what is going on?

And please dont say upgrade BIOS because I dont have an OS installed and have no way of upgrading it without an OS.

I think we made a huge mistake in ordering DL160se G6 class servers.

5 REPLIES 5
SMR
Valued Contributor

I honestly don't know why it wouldn't work other than some wacky IE8/9 security thing blocking the VM app, what about using a different browser?
sequeiraca
Occasional Advisor

Tried it using Chrome..same issue.

Works fine if deploying to a DL580.

sequeiraca
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I figured it out...

The server I was trying to install from is a Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit SP1.

Everything is ,of course, locked down by default.

I had to explicitly allow IE9, Chrome, Firefox in the windows firewall configuration and VOILA !!! I was able to connect to virtual media and boot up.

My only beef is with HP and why they have ilo programmed differently on DL580, 380 and 160.

Why dont they pick one standard way and stick with it across different clases of server.

SMR
Valued Contributor

They're different cause the 100 series do not have iLO, they have Lights Out 100 :) it's a different/inexpensive management chip.

Two completely disparate classes of server, if you need advanced mgmt ilo3 is the way to go if you were looking for a 1u system 1 series is good for drone style ipmi control, lights out 100 is fine for that;-) -Dan