5021 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180 - Copying large files causes blue screen

R Bloomfield
Advisor

DL180 - Copying large files causes blue screen

Hi,

In a similar vein to several posts I've read, if I copy large amounts of data, either between disks or across the network, the server blue screens with STOP code 0x000000F4.

I have a DL180 G5, with an E200 controller. 4 disks setup as the first logical drive, 4 disks setup as the second logical drive.

I have:
- reseated RAM, E200, E200 Battery, CMOS battery
- upgraded BIOS and Firmwares
- tried disabling E200 cache

Nothing has worked, out of ideas.
4 REPLIES 4
Don Casey

I am working a simular problem, same stop code. All of the hardware has been changed out except for the disks ( 4, 1Tb sata). The dl180 g5 I am working with is running Win server 2008 64 bit, not sure if that may be part of the problem. The disk are jbods on an E200 controller.
Will post if I get a solution.
pjs_gsy
Occasional Advisor

did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing major issues copying large files to a win2008 x64 host on the dl180 g5. 4 x 500 gb sata as raid 10.

Copies at about 50Mb a sec for 5 minutes then everything grinds to a halt. If you can manage to cancel the copy after a few minutes everything recovers, normally.

R Bloomfield
Advisor

Yes, it turned out to be the NIC drivers. There are several other threads on the issue. I thought I was up to date, but I went back and double checked everything it and that did it.

Prabhu Raj
Frequent Advisor

Flash the Bios to the latest.

Update the firmware of the HDD, RAID controller, Network controller to the latest.

Update the drivers to the latest.

If you have win2k8 with SP2 then downgrade to win2k8 with sp1.

Then apply all the patches of Microsoft that will be related to this issue except sp2.

This will solve the issue.