1752763 Members
4752 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180 G5 and non-HP SATA drives

Zahar
Frequent Advisor

DL180 G5 and non-HP SATA drives

Can someone confirm that HP DL180 G5 can work with non-HP branded SATA hard drives?

Can anyone provide PN for 3.5" SATA Hot-Swap Tray/Carrier where I can mount those non-HP hard drives.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
PureHeartedSoul
Advisor

hi please go through "hard drives" section in the following link.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12903_na/12903_na.html
PureHeartedSoul
Advisor

Also I wanted to add that when u use the SATA drives with the embedded onboard SATA controller they are non hot plug. when u use them with an optional Smart Array or HBA
Zahar
Frequent Advisor

I'm going to use SA controller, so it will support Hot-Swapping.

The question is about 3rd party hard drives and trays like this one: http://www.yobitech.com/Original_HP_373211_001_caddy_tray_for_mounting_p/373211-001.htm
PureHeartedSoul
Advisor

since you will be using a smart array controller third party drives should work on this machine provided all drives are identical. the drive tray is a standard one so it should work as well. make sure that the drive specifications match the supported drive specs mentioned in the earlier link.
Immran_Pathan

Hi zahar

did you manage to fix this issue for sata tryes.. i also bought the same product and it did not came with sata treys... HP authorized sales person told me hp recommanded hdd will come with treys,, i checked that also they never come with treys... i am managingn 25 servers and many of them build myself they came with sata treys with 4 screws to simply hook your HDD on that and slide in.. hot swap depends on controller itself.. so i am kind of jammed in this project with HP server since it has to be completed over holidays.. if you do get fixed this some how plese let me know will be appriciated..

thanks
imran.
administrator@orderline.com