1753479 Members
5109 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180 G5 and windows server 2003 32bit installation issue

Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

DL180 G5 and windows server 2003 32bit installation issue

I am attempting to install windows on to my nice shiney new DL180 G5 and it is not playing nicely.

I am able to load the drivers for the RAID from a USB floppy and the loading of drivers continues until 'Setup is starting windows' - at this point I get a BSOD with

(0xF789EA94, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

So now I am stuck. I have removed the additional memory supplied and the additional CPU. I still get the message even if I remove the floppy and boot without it (no RAID drivers obviously).

I am only using drivers supplied on the HP disks that came with the server and I am using the Windows disks supplied with the server, stamped HP.

I have tried using RAID 0 and RAID 0+1 without success

TIA
17 REPLIES 17
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

That says SATA and I'm using SCSI, sorry for not clarifying.

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Andrew,
Please make sure, that SATA is DISABLED in the BIOS-F10;

Regards,
Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion, I am not infront of the server right now but will try that asap and reply again.

Thanks
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Hi!

If you have SCSI or SAS hard drives in your server it requires the addition of Smart Array or HBA controller. What kind of Storage Controller do you have in you server? It is going to make a difference. Once you know the storage controller go to the HP Web site, type the controller name, select the Operating System and there should be the driver for this controller. It might be that the driver for this controller is not included in the CD shipped with the server.

http://www.hp.com/#Support
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Gans_1

Hi!

I have the same problem with my brand new DL180. Controller E200 (460193-425) with 4xSAS 72GB 15k. It works fine with the Windows 2008 Server. But when I try to install W2003Svr Std. (HP R2 and not HP Version) I get an BSOD.

I've tried any Drv.-Discs (from the CD and from the web). I've also diabled the first SATA-Controller (the second one is needed for the DVD-Drive). But the result is the same: BSOD. Why there is no SmartStart CD for the DL180? In the past I've installed a lot of DL380 with this CD and it is a dream!

Any ideas/drivers left?

Thx
Peter
Nalin malik
Occasional Advisor

HELLO ANDRE.
CAN U TELL ME WHICH HDD UR USING IT IS SAS OR SCSI
IF IT IS SCSI THEN IT WILL NOT COMPATIBLEM OR THIS SERVER
AND IF THIS IS SAS
THEN CHK FOR CONTROLLER IT MAY CONNECT ON PCI RISERCASE AND CONNECT THE BACKPLANE CABLE TO THE CONTROLLER
AND CHK IF THIS CONTROLLER IS COMPATIBLEM OR NOT FROM SERVICE AND MAINTAINENCE GUIDE
Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

Hi

The HDD I am using are

146GB Pluggable SAS 15,000 rpm Dual-Port HDD

I have tried every availabe driver, shipped and downloaded, that is availble from HP, SCSI and SATA, and I get a BSOD in exectly the same place, with exactly the same stop code, everytime.

Any ideas - I really don't want to start pulling the server apart and re-routing cabling - it is only 3 days old and it will be going back if it needs that level of reconfiguration, I at least expect to be able to install an OS out of the box (maybe tweeking the BIOS but nothing more than that should really be required IMHO)
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Andrew,
1) Clear NVRAM using System maintenance switch(refer server maintenance guide)

2) If possible boot from the Latest Firmware maintenance CD 8.0;

3) Make sure the SATA option is disabled in the BIOS;

4) once the SATA option is disabled, the CD drive wont work; Use a "USB" CDROM drive to install the OS;

Let us know if it works.

@PURPLE LED -- Please do not use CAPS while typing. Usually, it is considered RUDE; It implies you are "Shouting or Yelling" at the other person"

:-) Regards