4492 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180 G5 and windows server 2003 32bit installation issue

Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thank you very much for all your help. I am boxing it back up ready to ship back to the supplier.

IMHO, if the server requires this level of reconfiguration at this stage then I have no real confidence that will ever work properly or reliably and I would expect a company like HP to ship the unit with correct drivers and disks etc.
AMRIT RANJAN
Frequent Advisor

Hi James,
Firmware maintainance cd is not supported on 100 series servers ,it's for 300,500 & 700
series servers.

Hello Andrew,
if server is giving trouble while installation then it doesn't mean that it will cause harm in production, may be adequate installation procedure is not followed then this issue would be coming.
the bug check (0xF789EA94, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)is not proper to find out the correct reason.
kindly let me know the following info .
1. which storage controller u have
2. which raid is created on server
3. how many hdd do u have
4. which driver u are using (driver sp no)
5. post exact bug check code
6. what is the bios version

kindly co-operate to resolve the issue
cheers !!!!!!
.................. Amrit
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Andrew

Have you tried Pac's drivers and use nlite

http://www.nliteos.com/

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Andrew Benbow
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the replies chaps. It is currently boxed up and ready to be collected to go back to the supplier.
PERRUSSEL

@James Happy Dude,

it works following your procedure : thanks for these tips.

@gans

ooh yes ! avoid HP DL100 series ! obvioulsy it is really reserved for non critical apps.

@andrew

same thing...avoid DL100 series : it is my point of view.
antonismp

the problem is with the driver of the cd-rom controller , the only solution i find was to install os with an external cd-rom , also you have to disable the second sata controller (where the cd rom is). this problem happens only in windows server 2003 and backwards from what i know. so there is nothing wrong with the server. i hope i helped someone.
Gabriel  Leiro

Nos ocurrio la misma situacion con un servidor el cual tenia una DVD-RW , el problema basicamente q tuvimos fue con este device , lo reemplazamos por un DVD-R interno y con eso solucinamos el problema , como referencia tomamos la solucion que encotnramos en el foro sobre el uso de una unidad externa , pues bien el problema parece ser cuando utilizas un DVD-RW
espero les sea de utilidad
Saladin Ali

Hi,

We had a similar problem - we were given two DL180 G5 servers to role out into production We encountered the problem of installing Windows Server 2003 on them. Naturally, the Smartstart CDs do not work on these servers and the CD that HP ship with them is not helpful in the same way. After blurting out some exquisite expletives at HP for making life difficult we started to have a crack at the problem. My colleague steven.nayyar@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk came up with a very smooth solution and it made the whole thing a piece of cake.

He went to http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/1/ and downloaded the nliteos (http://www.nliteos.com/) freeware for slipstreaming and also the instructions for its use.

He then ran the software and packaged the Windows Server 2003 source CD and used the wizard to service pack it. He also used the wizard to pack in the drivers that come with DL180 cd in TXT mode on to the same single CD that he burnt.

From here, just insert the CD and reboot the machine and follow the instructions. It maybe necessary for you to delete and re-create the partition but have a play and at least you├в ll get there.

enjoy