ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753935 Members
9894 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL180-G5, drive bay adaptor for 3.5inch device.

Mark Leman
Occasional Contributor

DL180-G5, drive bay adaptor for 3.5inch device.

Hi,
We have recently used several DL180-G5 servers here and they look ideal for a new project. However I need to install two 3.5inch devices (A small LCD display for system status and a CF card reader for backup of some local data).

There are two spare 3.5inch sized drive bays on the systems we have used which are clear of the SATA/SAS backplane, I just need to find an adapter/bezel for standard 3.5 devices to fit this server.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
prghostbuster

I ve the same pb.
Did you find any solution ?
Mark Leman
Occasional Contributor

We had some plates made in aluminium which allowed the LCD to slide in to place in one of the spare 3.5inch slots. The position of the mounting holes on a standard 3.5inch device would have missed the brackets so I had to drill new holes in the LCD support frame. If I could not have drilled holes then thin double sided tape would have worked, it is so strong these days. The whole thing stay in place with friction, some small strips of spring metal would be a good addition.

I have put a few quick pix on our web site. Note the perspective makes the brackets look smaller than the side of the drive tray I put in the photo to compare with, but actually the brackets are the same length and height as the sides of the drive tray.

www.rastervision.co.uk/images/IMG_6409.JPG
www.rastervision.co.uk/images/IMG_6410.JPG
www.rastervision.co.uk/images/IMG_6411.JPG
www.rastervision.co.uk/images/IMG_6412.JPG

Hope that helps.
Regards, Mark Leman
prghostbuster

Finally found that :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290188906564

HP Compaq 373211-001
Mark Leman
Occasional Contributor

Thats a hard drive tray (got lots of them). Its not suitable for fitting 3.5inch devices like floppy drives, card readers, or LCD devices, which is what I wanted to do.