ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752280 Members
4605 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL180 G5 issues- "flashing bmc" and lost NIC

DL180 G5 issues- "flashing bmc" and lost NIC

Every time the server boots/reboots I get this message: "Flashing BMC SDR/Config... Please Wait. Do not power cycle or reset.. BMC Fan Curve updating... Done"

None of my other HP servers have messages like this. All firmware is up to date. Problem with the motherboard maybe?

My other issue is that Windows 2008 x64 will ask for the driver for the built-in NIC (about once every 3-5 boots). I'll try to supply the driver but it says it's an XP driver. I reboot the server and the NIC is installed and functioning like nothing happened. I'm installing 2003 x64 to see if I get similar behavior. And yes, I've tried the latest driver and every version in between.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Re: DL180 G5 issues- "flashing bmc" and lost NIC

Hi,

First U replace "power supply" then replace "RAM"....still showing same problem then U replace "Motherboard".....good luck

BR/
Yaqub

Do you know what the messages mean? I couldn't find mention of them in any of the documentation. Does anyone else have a DL180 G5 that can tell me what they get on boot?

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Ryan,
BMC = Baseboard Management Controller.
Part Of INTEL system boards.

Its strange that you get this message. What is the BIOS version on this server.
You may try to RE-FLASH it, if already running the latest.

Regards,

Tried re-flashing and it still presents the "flashing bmc" message on every boot. Does anyone else have a DL180 G5? does yours say that? The HP tech on the phone said he couldn't even find the message in any of his documentation.